Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm back!

It’s now been almost 2 years since I wrote my last post and put that part of life on hold for a little while. I loved putting this little blog together – and when I look back on some of the things I wrote I feel quite proud, both for making the time to do something I love and for the effort, research, and writing time I put into it. Now I feel a small sense of regret for putting it on hold, since in the past 2 years the internet has really exploded with blogs on the topic of nutrition and health. There were quite a few out there when I started but now there really are a LOT. So what to do? Pat myself on the back and say oh well, I gave it a good try? That wasn’t really the point. Recently have I started to think about getting back into writing about nutrition, and it has quickly become clear that it’s what I want to do again. The knowledge gained from the act researching for, and writing each article was always worth it, as was the satisfaction of just doing something that I enjoy.

Now nearly 2 years later, I’m not longer fresh from a big move overseas, trying to get my qualifications transferred and finding my feet as a new graduate nurse in a different country than where I trained. I’m not longer wondering when my husband’s immigration papers will go through so that we aren’t living on the other side of the world from each other. I have now been studying natural nutrition for a year and a half and live in an apartment that is quiet, warm, cozy and just the right size for us. Although it’s not the city we pictured living in, we are lucky to live in a beautiful old neighbourhood, with interesting old homes and the river valley at our doorstep. Our neighbourhood and apartment are perfect for spending my days off from working at the hospital doing what I love: cooking, going to yoga/bootcamp/trail running, studying and now - writing.

My blog may not be fancy and my knowledge of websites is still basic,  but hopefully I can teach myself a thing or two in that area.  Even so, this is my own space for sharing what I love do to with those who are interested, and I think there are a lot of people out there who want to know more and who want to make some changes to the way they eat. What I write about it how I see it, what I have learned from many reputable sources, and how I try to live life every day. So if this sounds like your cup of tea, stay tuned for some topics that I hope you will find interesting and helpful in the world of natural nutrition.

No comments:

Print Friendly